The goal of the IQ Matrix Blog is to present you with Mind Maps that will assist you in attaining your personal, professional and academic objectives. I am extremely fussy and particular about the material I choose to post on these pages. At all times I want to make sure that the material will be worth your time, and will assist you to Accelerate Your Learning Potential in these 4 key life areas.
Several weeks ago, I came across the Litemind blog written by Luciano Passuello. The blog’s primary purpose is to expand our thinking and awareness in creative ways that will help to improve our habits of thought. Luciano presents many thought-provoking articles that encourage us to stimulate our minds in extraordinary ways. Luciano’s Mind Maps – summarizing some of the most insightful books of our time – initially attracted me to the content of the Litemind Blog.
If you have already read these books, then you will find Luciano’s Free Mind Map summaries as invaluable tools that will help you to keep the most important concepts and ideas of these books at the forefront of your mind. On the other hand, if you haven’t read these books than you will still benefit from these Mind Map summaries, as Luciano goes into extensive detail in breaking down each book down to its skeletal structure.
These Mind Maps are free to download from the Litemind Blog and available in three formats including Mind Manager, FreeMind, and an online interactive Flash version. Keep reading to find out more information about each of these Mind Maps.
The Now Habit
[ Dowload Mind Map ]
The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play provides you with strategies and tools that will assist you in overcoming procrastination while obtaining more enjoyment and fulfillment from your life. Here is a quick breakdown of Luciano’s Mind Map summary of this book:
- Reasons WHY we tend to procrastinate including fears, the procrastination cycle and the impact of rewards.
- Methods of procrastination including a breakdown of the specific things we can do to dig us out of the procrastination habit.
- Strategies of how you should talk to yourself in order to beat off procrastination.
- Techniques to encourage guilt-free play and improve your quality of work.
- An overview of specific tools that you can use to further assist you to overcome the procrastination habit cycle.
- A technique that will teach you how to get into your “flow state” that will help you to overcome procrastination.
- Strategies and tools that will assist you in fine tuning your progress away from the habit of procrastination.
- How to identify and manage the procrastinators in your life.
The Kaizen Way
The Kaizen Way: One Small Step Can Change Your Life presents you with life strategies based on the two thousand-year-old wisdom of the Tao Te Ching. The Mind Map discusses the principles of Kaizen, which is essentially the art of making great and lasting change in your life through the process of taking small, steady steps. Here is a quick breakdown of Luciano’s Mind Map summary of this book:
- An introduction to the principles behind Kaizen.
- A discussion of the importance of Kaizen and the biology behind the process.
- The process of asking small questions that will assist you in finding the answers to help you keep moving forward.
- How the process of Thinking Small Thoughts works, and how you can apply this strategy to your daily habits and routine.
- A discussion about getting into the habit of taking small and regular steps.
- Strategies on how to handle and solve small problems.
- Techniques for setting up small reward systems that will keep you motivated, focused and on track.
- Identification of small moments that will keep your inspirations high and mighty throughout your day.
Never Eat Alone
Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time presents you with powerful techniques and strategies that will help you to build and grow extraordinary relationships with the people in your life to further your personal and professional success. Even though this book is specifically focused on the process of business networking, it, however, is also clearly applicable to the personal relationships we need to cultivate on a daily basis. Here is a quick breakdown of Luciano’s Mind Map summary of this book:
- A discussion of the Mindset that is required in order to build strong and lasting relationships with other people.
- An identification of the skill set that is necessary to cultivate powerful long-term relationships with other people. This topic goes into a great amount of detail looking into the process of networking within specific situations and environments.
- Methods on how to turn your connections into compatriots by furthering your relationships and personal bonds with people.
- Techniques and strategies on how to build your personal brand, give value to others, and grow your relationships to the next level.
Getting to Yes
Getting to YES: Negotiating Agreement without Giving In presents you with effective strategies and tools that will help improve your negotiation methods and build stronger personal relationships. This Principled Negotiation method is based on sound principles that will get you to YES faster and more efficiently than you ever thought was possible. Here is a quick breakdown of Luciano’s Mind Map summary of this book:
- A discussion of the problems of negotiation and an introduction to the Principled Negotiation process.
- Techniques that present the process of separating the people from the problem in order to fast-track the negotiation process.
- Strategies that will focus you on the interests of the other party and not on their position.
- Methods that will allow you to invent options leading to mutual gains for all parties involved in the negotiation.
- The process of insisting on using objective criteria.
- The final topic discusses methods on how to handle specific negotiation challenges that may stand in your way.
Journal to the Self
The Journal to the Self: 22 Paths to Personal Growth presents you with effective journaling strategies and tools that will lead to a greater sense of fulfillment and personal growth in your life. Here is a quick breakdown of Luciano’s Mind Map summary of this book:
- Why keeping a journal is important for your ongoing personal growth and fulfillment.
- Specific guidelines that will help you to get the most out of your journaling time and effort.
- A discussion of the 15-minute journal writing process.
- An in-depth look at the Journal Toolbox, which presents you with effective strategies and techniques that expand the process of journaling into unexpected areas that lead to a greater sense of fulfillment, insight, personal growth and understanding about the self, life and circumstances.
For further information, download links, and insights into Luciano’s Mind Maps, please visit the Litemind Blog.